Is Your Business Prepared?
- 15-40 percent of businesses fail following a natural or manmade disaster.1
- 94 percent of small business owners believe a disaster could seriously disrupt their business within the next two years.2
- 51 percent of Americans have experienced at least one emergency situation where they lost utilities for at least three days, had to evacuate and could not return home, could not communicate with family members or had to provide first aid to others.3
Are Your Employees Ready?
- Only 2 in 10 Americans feel prepared for a catastrophic event.4
- Close to 60 percent of Americans are wholly unprepared for a disaster of any kind.4
- 54 percent of Americans don't prepare because they believe a disaster will not affect them.5
- Only 1 in 10 American households has taken the appropriate preparedness steps: a family emergency plan, an emergency supply kit and training in First Aid and CPR/AED.4
- 82 percent of Americans agree “If someone could make it easy for me to be prepared, I’d do it”.4
Emergencies Are Inevitable.
The Ready Rating program is designed to help your business or organization get better prepared for emergencies. Learn more about how it works.
Sources: 1 Insurance Information Institute, 2000, 2 American Red Cross and FedEx Small Business Survey, 2007, 3 American Red Cross/Harris Poll Survey, 2009, 4 American Red Cross Preparedness Survey, 2006, 5 The Aftershock of Katrina and Rita: Public Not Moved to Prepare, 2005